Sunday, November 17, 2013

Holiday Card Class, Day 1

Well, my oh my, it certainly has been a very long time, hasn't it? I lost my mojo for awhile after Paper Maniac closed, and then got busy redoing my craft space. Thankfully THAT was the trick to get the juices flowing again.

Now I am following along in the Online Card Classes Holiday Card Classes 2013. As usual I am behind, but got some crafting time in this weekend.


The first day's lesson was all about the inside of the card, something I have been trying to get batter at. This homework lesson was to create a gift card holder. I used a Sizzix holly embossing folder, and colored in a few of the raised berries with a spica marker for some color and shine. The cute penguin is from Darcie's colored with Copic markers, and the white embossed sentiment was included in the same set. I think the washi tape is from Doodlebug and the twine is from my stash. The cardstock is Neenah dessert storm and Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy. I used stickles for the red berry on the hat and some clear spica on the scarf for shine. Inside there is a vellum holder for a gift card.

Thanks for stopping by. Another card coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Patti, thank you for your sweet comments on my Blues and Browns card at Splitcoaststampers. :) I came by to see your blog, and I really like your work. Hasn't the summer weather been gorgeous here in the Twin Cities these past few days? :) I'm a teacher, so I work in education like you do. Summer is my crafting time!!! I really liked this card you did... that penguin is just adorable. Thanks again for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete