Saturday, July 23, 2011

Jumpstarting My Mojo

Happy Saturday. Minnesota finally decided to go back to work last Thursday. It sure was good to get back, but after 3 weeks of being shutdown, there sure was a lot to do - and will be for awhile.

I had a very long crafting dry spell and wasn't doing much creating, but I sure continued with the collecting! There are many stamps awaiting ink and many papers waiting to be cut into. Like all the work waiting at my job after shutdown, I had a hard time figuring out where to start.

Then I discovered the card kits by Freehand Scraps, which awoke all the juices again. Here are two cards from the May kit.


Both of these cards are almost entirely as included in the kit, but I added the tri-colored string on the kite and stamped the sentiment from one of my Papertrey Ink sets. (Up and Away additions I think)


This card is also pretty well "out of the box" except for the stamped PTI sentiment (Boards and Beams)
Don't you love that ruffled ribbon? I learned something new in doing the ruffles.

I loved how these cards came out and it really did jumpstart my mojo. I am looking forward to making some of my own creations this weekend, so I hope you will come back and visit again. Maybe I will even get the blog decoration done too if it's as rainy as it's supposed to be. Who needs to do housework anyway?

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are both just gorgeous, Patti! I love the way you did the grass and the twine on the kite!
    HUGS!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards Patti!!! Glad to see you got your mojo back!!!

    ReplyDelete